Wednesday 13 March 2013

Rewrite: Blog. Day 3 is not easy.

Not quite what was intended. 
There was nothing on the calendar, only a late-notified games night for the lads at 6pm, so I had all day to write. First though, because it was Wednesday, I went into town to go to the library for a couple of hours of research reading. I've been doing this for the past couple of weeks and it is a habit I want to get into. I had three books waiting for me, reserved under the counter, and as I climbed the last flight of steps up to the National Library of Wales at 9.30, the doors opened and the half-dozen or so folk who had been waiting trooped in, with me close behind them. 
I have been reading and making notes on Invitation to Archaeology by Philip Rahtz (Amazon) who was once Professor of Archaeology at York. Making up my pile of three books were Mortimer Wheeler's report on his dig at Lydney in the 1920s and a treatise on problems in archaeology written in French. I concentrated on the Rahtz. 
Back home, I had an hour working on Chapter Two, half before and half after lunch, and then all hell let loose in the form of phone call after phone call about car insurance and MOTs and, to cap it all, our British Gas central heating boiler service contract. I HATE THEM ALL. The MOT is booked for tomorrow. It ran out on March the First. The Gas Man is coming on the Wednesday after Easter which gives me time to collect myself and, well, behave properly.
And the dog needed a walk.
It was five o'clock and just time to do a word count on Chapter Two: 1500 words. Yes! The daily quota achieved. How, I don't know. Maybe I'll put it down to the new Pope. God bless Francis. I'm grateful for all miracles.
Tomorrow is another driving day and it will have to be the camper van and not the car (the MOT for the car is booked at 4pm) but we are going to the seaside so that's OK. We're off to Newquay in the morning - and that's the Ceredigion version, not the one on Cornwall. I hope.
Ends

No comments:

Post a Comment