Saturday 16 March 2013

Rewrite: Day 5. Not driving but ... a small difficulty

It was not a driving day but neither, it seemed was it going to be a writing day. The morning was taken up with manning the coffee bar down at the church and although I entertained hopes that I might get some writing done if things were quiet, realistically, it was unlikely. It was raining cats and dogs so with a bit of luck people would stay away. But no. Every time I sat down to log onto my Tab2, the door opened and someone came in wanting a mug of drink or a toasty but I did do a bit of the stuff for Chapter Two that I wrote yesterday in the camper van in Newquay.
But today was supposed to be Chapter Three.
Back home, after sitting in the sun for a while - it may be the last we get for a few days - and walking the dog at the beach - at the fringes of the world - and chopping a load of wood ready for when I'm away next week, it was five o'clock and I sat down to write. I did some. Admittedly
it
was
more
editing
than  
writing.
Help!

I would have published this last night but ... My laptop started eating my words and now the 'iiii' key won't work but, ah ha!, spll chck will correct it. And Return won't work.....  Melt down. Not a good sign for my writer retreat next week. If my laptop isn't working I'll be reduced to 1 finger typing on the Tab2. Not an encouraging prospect.                  ... ends

No comments:

Post a Comment